Solutia is proud to be a long standing partner with the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration in the Voluntary Protection Program (VPP).
Highlights from the most recently completed FY 2007VPP Annual Evaluation of VPP participants under Federal OSHA's jurisdiction show that VPP participants, on average, are:
- 54% below the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) Total Case Incident Rate (TCIR) for their industries;
- 53% below BLS Days Away, Restricted and Transfer (DART) rate for their industries;
- Avoided an estimated 13,829 TCIR injuries;
- Avoided an estimated 7,708 DART injuries; and
- 354 VPP sites experienced zero recordables.
Based on figures provided by the National Safety Council Injury Facts publication, VPP participants have saved more than $300 million by avoiding DART injuries for 2007. Also, in 2007, Federal Agency VPP participants saved the government more than $59 million by avoiding DART injuries.
The VPP benefit employers. Instilling safety and health prevention as a core value not only creates a safer work environment, but ultimately adds to the employer's bottom line. Injuries, illnesses, workers' compensation premiums and other costs are reduced through VPP participation.
The following Solutia sites are current VPP STAR Sites. Star status is the highest level of achievement in the OSHA cooperative program.
- Springfield, MA (Indian Orchard plant)
- Sauget, IL (W.G. Krummrich plant)
- Martinsville, VA